- tamarind pulp 1/4 Teaspoons(Tentuli/Imli)
- turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoons
- rasam powder 1/2 Teaspoons
- medium sized tomato chopped 1 Numbers
- fenugreek seeds Pinch (methi)
- pepper 3/4 Teaspoons
- cumin seeds 1 Teaspoons
- urd dal 1 Teaspoons
- cloves of garlic 2 Numbers
- salt To Taste
Heat little ghee and mustard.
Then add red dry chillies, tomatoes, garlic cloves and a little water. Allow the tomatoes to cook.
Roast together urd dal, cumin seeds, pepper corns and fenugreek seeds in a pan.
Grind together all those in a coffee grinder.Once the tomatoes are cooked add about a cup more of water .
Add the rasam powder, turmeric, salt, tamarind and the ground masala.
Simmer it again for a few minutes.
Serve Rasam with rice.
Source – Internet