Hello everyone. today you don’t need any explanation for the topic we are going to look at today. This is a fomous odia recipe or odia curry that every odian knows. Panasa Katha Curry is a special odia recipe you can find details below.
- Raw jackfruit – 300 grams
- Potato – 3 (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Large onions – 4
- Garlic 8-10 pods (paste)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece paste
- Garam masala – powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – to taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Bay leaf – 2
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Ghee 1 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chili – 1
- Panch photons – 1/2 teaspoon(optional)
- Mustard oil – 2 tablespoons
Process of Cooking
1. Peel the jackfruit, remove the center core and cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
2. Wash potato and cut into 4 pieces.
3. Put the pieces of jackfruit boiling water with a teaspoon of turmeric powder five minutes.
4. Drain and keep aside.
5. The jackfruit pieces put heat oil and deep fry till golden. Drain and keep aside.
6. Same pan add potato pieces deep fry till golden and drain its.
7. Heat 2 tbsps. mustard oil in heavy buttom pan add sugar till caramelized next add dry red chili, bay leaves, onions and sauté till well browned add ginger & Garlic pasty sauté well
Put garam masala powder or paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder sauté few minutes next put chopped tamatos and Sauté till oil begins to separate. Add salt and mix.
8. Add fried jackfruit and potato and mix well next add boiling water 2 cup in it the fried veg soak init the masala well.
9. Lastly heat desh ghee a spoon & put a cinnamon powder or paste few second next put the jackfruit curry and mix well.
10. Serve hot with roti & boil rice