The Kichkeshwari temple is located in Khiching, Mayurbhanj district. Here Maa Kichkeshwari is worshiped. It is 150 km from Baripada and 205 km from Balasore. Far away. The temple is built entirely of stone. The Kichkeswari temple was built between 920 and 926 AD by the then Bhanj dynasty of Mayurbhanj. As the temple was demolished for various reasons, Maharaja Pratap Chandra Bhanjdeo began its restoration work in 1934. The restoration work was completed in 1942. About 60 percent of the stone was left in the temple, while 40 percent was in the new stone. The new stone was brought from a mine near Keshana and Adipur villages near the temple. In addition to out-of-state artists, hundreds of regional artisans were employed in the construction of the temple.
By SubhashreeNo Comments1 Min Read