- Green Capsicums 4 medium : Cut into 1 inch cubes
- Besan – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tamarind pulp(imli) – 2 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
- Peanuts, roasted & Crusded – 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to splutter and cumin seeds change color, add a pinch of asafoetida (hing) and 1/4 cup gram flour(besan). Stir continuously till light brown.
Add 1/4 teasoppn turmeric powder, salt, 2 teaspoons red chilli powder and 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder . Cook for 1 minute. Stir in approximately 1 cup of water to make a thick gravy.
Add 2 teaspoons tamarind pulm(imli) and 1/2 teaspoon sugar and mix well.
Add 4 medium capsicums cut into 1 inch cubes and stir well till coated with the gram flour masala cover and cook on low heat till the capsicum is tender, stirring occasionally to prevent the masala from sticking to the bottom of thr pan.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons roasted and crushed peanuts and serve hot.
Capsicum with Besan curry